So now we have two remix contests that have launched, and one that will be starting on April 2nd. The three contests are as follows:
|1. ‘A Ton of Bricks’ remix contest @ acidplanet.com – LAUNCHED
2. ‘Raindrops’ remix contest @ PeaceLoveProductions – LAUNCHED
3. ‘Every Thing Is Good (part 2)’, ‘It All Came to Pass’, and ‘I Fell Through’ remix contest – LAUNCHED
Keep checking back here for updated information on all of these contests. They are all FREE to enter, and will have their own prizes for the most popular remixes.
***UPDATE*** Here’s the Prizes for the PeaceLoveProductions Raindrops contest:
• First Place 8gb iPod Touch
• Second Place $100 gift certificate from zZounds.com
• First & Second Place Remixes released
• First, Second, and Third Place 2 PLP downloads of choice
NOW, the third contest is something we are hosting ourselves. If your remix is selected, we will be releasing an enhanced version of Mr. Meeble’s NTTC album to include YOUR remixes! Also, the winners will get to take a magical hot air balloon ride with Mr. Meeble across the Atlantic Ocean!! Although not quite as cool as the ride, whoever submits the most popular remix will win a new iPod touch.
We graciously received a write up about the contest already on Laptop Rockers!
Here’s how it works:
|1. Take a listen to the original version(s). “I Fell Through” (117 bpm) and “It All Came to Pass” (122.25 bpm @ 6/8) and ”Every Thing Is Good (part 2)” (100 bpm) can all be heard over at Last.FM.
2. You must agree to use the Mr. Meeble audio samples only for the purpose of creating a remix (i.e. you can’t use Mr. Meeble sounds in other compositions). Also you must agree to give us ownership and rights to fully use your remix. (meaning we can play/distribute/sell/promote your remix however we choose). You will always be given credit as the remixer, however.
3. If you agree to these terms, sign up for the mailing list. Check the ‘I agree to the terms of the remix agreement’ checkbox. Then, write something about the remix contest in the comment field. Once you successfully sign up with valid info, you will be given a link to download the audio files.
4. Download the audio files for ‘Every Thing Is Good (part 2)’, ‘It All Came to Pass’ and/or ‘I Fell Through’.
5. Create a remix. Any genre/style/tempo is acceptable. We lean more to experimental forms of electronic, rock and hip-hop, but if its good, its good. Get creative. See how FAR you can take it. Make something completely new! For example, why not take the vocals and chop them up, glitch them, granulize them, make pads out of them, vocode with them, change the melody of them, distort them, and generally destroy them?
6. Email us the remix (or remixes if you want to try more than one). All remixes must be submitted by May 1st, 2009.
7. Once we have all the submissions, we will create a voting page where people can vote on their favorites.
8. We will then select the winning tracks that will appear on the enhanced album.
9. Once you are done, why not check out the “Raindrops” and/or “A Ton of Bricks” remix contests?
If you have any questions, please message us or leave a comment below.
|Q: Can I use my own sounds, or do I have to only use the ones supplied?
A: You can use any combination of your own sounds along with the original sounds provided by us. I would say that the original vocal *should* be used in some manner, at least. the more original, the better!
Q: What types of remixes are you most into?
A: Check out the “non assault message” single on Last.FM. The original track is on there along with 8 remixes. Each one of them takes the original in VERY different directions, which is what we like.